Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Device, My Rules. Bitches.

I get my home internet through a Sprint-branded WiMax 4G modem by Motorola. I needed to edit the firmware. How would one do that?

Option A) Call Sprint customer support and beg, plead, and argue about how I need to change the password on my device for security reasons, but get shafted. Then call Motorola customer support and do the same thing. Then call ClearWire because although I bought the device from Sprint, they no longer offer support for it, whereas ClearWire does. But ClearWire tells me to f- off because I don't have an account with them.

Option B) Comb the internet for learnin', then hack into my own device and manually edit the binary firmware files with a hex editor.

Which option sounds easier to you?

If you guessed Option B would be easier.... YOU WERE RIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment