Sunday, March 11, 2012

Apple iDrive

Apple should make a car.

Before I say anything else... a disclaimer: I don't like Apple. I used to hate Apple, now I just don't like them. But I am developing some respect.

Auto manufacturers seem only concerned with packing as much crap into a car as they can. Eleven airbags, back-up cameras and ultrasonic sensors, heated and cooled cupholders... give me a break.

I want a basic car with as few parts to break as possible.

A perfect example is power rear view mirrors. What a waste. Unnecessary switches and actuators that are just another thing to break.

I bet if Apple made a car, it would not have power adjustable rear-view mirrors. Instead, it would incorporate rear-view mirrors positioned in an unconventional way, incorporating compound curves, and they would never need to be adjusted. Ever. They would "just work" and show you what you needed to see regardless of eyepoint.

Eleven airbags? *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment